Study abroad after 12th
After completing your 12th, you can go for an undergraduate degree to study overseas. Studying abroad for an undergraduate program prepares you with
- Intercultural communication skills
- Self-dependent skills
- Language skills
- Leadership qualities
- Independent management
- A high level of maturity to survive in a different environment
How to study abroad after 12th?
It is not so difficult to get into international campuses. You have to just to follow a simple process and you would be there at your destination. The procedure to study abroad after 12th consists of only 6 steps. Here we present the detailed information on how you can reach abroad after completing your 12th for further studies.
1. Identify the field to study abroad:There are several options available to students to choose from at an international institute. But you must find out the right course that suits your aptitude and interests perfectly. The main options for the field at the undergraduate level to study abroad are:
|Natural Sciences||A Bachelor of Science course in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, and other such pure sciences|
|Engineering and Technology||A Bachelor's course in Engineering or technology with a specialization in Aeronautical, Computers, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial and many such fields|
|Business Administration||Business administration, finance, HR, Sales, Marketing and so on|
|Arts, Architecture, and Design||Courses such as Architecture, Graphic Designing, Drama, Fine Arts, Music, Theater and so on|
|Social Sciences & Humanities||The options could be such as Psychology, History, Cultural Studies, Communications, Sociology, International relations etc|
2. Identify the study abroad destination:Deciding the country where you would like to pursue your after 12th education is a very vital decision. Factors that should be considered primarily are
- Cost of study
- Cost and standard of living.
- Research opportunities
- Internship's opportunities
- United of Kingdom (UK)
- New Zealand
3. Identify the universities to study abroad:
After finalizing the field of study and destination, the next choice would be the selection of universities to study at. This decision has to be based on academic and research opportunities in the department of your field of study, courses available and fees. You should also take note of the application deadline and the prerequisites.
4. Take the standardized tests to study abroad:Depending on the requirements of the courses chosen, you should take the standardized tests that would qualify you for admission. The test and scores requirements differ with the courses and university you choose. Here is the small list of international exams commonly asked:
- English Language Proficiency exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE.
- Other language proficiency tests such as French, German, Chinese etc.
- Tests like SAT, or ACT that would test your verbal, quantitative, reasoning and subject skills at times.
5. Apply to the universities to study abroadThe application to the universities should be made within the timeline. With the filled application form, you will need to submit some of the supporting documents. These documents are:
- Mark sheets
- Score reports for the tests
- Financial capability certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation,
- Application Essays
6. Apply for the required Student visaOnce your admission is confirmed, your next step would be to apply for the student visa. For entering any new country for attending your classes, you would require a valid student visa. You can apply online, at the available embassy or consultant. For applying you would need to fill the application form and submit it with the required documents. The list of common documents required are:
- Filled visa application form.
- A Valid Passport
- Proof of a Bonafide Student
- Financial proof of enough funds to study and stay abroad.
- Scores of Language Proficiency
- Admission letter in the abroad university
- Transcripts of previous education (if required)
Best courses to study abroad after 12th
If you have made up your mind to study in the foreign universities after 12th, choose your subject and course wisely. Here we have mentioned abroad courses after 12th in each field of study.
1. Study abroad after 12th commerceIf you are looking to study abroad in the field of commerce after completing your 12th, you will have a plethora of courses. Some of the popular courses to study abroad after 12th commerce are:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration
- B.S. in Management Science
- BA in Management Science
- BA in Finance Management
- BA in Accounting Management
- B.Com. (Finance and Accounting)
2. Study abroad after 12th ScienceIn the science field, students can choose either the medical stream or non-medical stream. You will find courses to study abroad in both the streams. Choose the stream according to your interest. Here we have mentioned some of the best courses in the science field after 12th for studying abroad:
Study abroad after 12th medical
- Doctor (MBBS)
- Veterinary (B.V.Sc)
- Homoeopathy (BHMS)
- Ayurveda (BAMS)
- Optometry (B.Optom.)
- Public Health Administration
- Occupational Therapy
- Clinical Research
3. Study abroad after 12th non MedicalIf you choose a non-medical field, then you can study engineering in abroad after 12th. Some of the popular courses in the non-medical field are:
- B.S. in Engineering Management,
- Bachelor of Engineering Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- IT Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Energy Management and Engineering.
4. Study abroad after 12th artsIf you are not interested in commerce as well as in science, you can choose the arts field. There is no doubt that you will find courses in art fields across the world after completing your 12th. Some of the popular courses are:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Fine Arts
- Hotel Management
- B.S. in Product Design
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- BA in Interior Design
Study in abroad after 12th with scholarship
If you are incapable to afford the study abroad expenditures, you can apply for the scholarships. There are numerous scholarships available all around the world for international students. The governments and universities in the other country will have scholarships schemes for you to study abroad after 12th.
To be eligible for a scholarship after 12th to study abroad, you need to some exceptional skills such as
- An excellent academic record
- good skills-set
- excellence in sports or other activities etc.